Thursday, February 10, 2011

Making Signs


For ages I have been looking for a name sign for the Monkey's room but couldn't find one that had any character or reflected his quirky nature.  The other day while out walking, I spied a skip bin full of old floor boards... perfect ... I basically had to climb inside the bin to find a board small enough, but I refused to be defeated.  One scraped shin and a torn t-shirt later I managed to get my hands on a lovely specimen, complete with nails in the back ready for hanging!  Once home, the whole process took no more than 15 minutes... here's how:

1. Take one old floor board (roughly 50cm long) and scrub clean.



2. Select tools - I chose white paint and a pointed brush for a simple look.



3. Get to work.


TIP: I bent the old nails over to form hooks that I then tied ribbon to for hanging - you could easily hammer in some nails to the back of the board if need be.

Photos by me

3 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Let's hope he can read & sleeps there!! Men are very good at following labels, good luck!! Love Posie

Jane said...

You clever mama! Leo's a lucky lad. J x

Bina Simon said...

Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff...I think you've made some truly interesting points.Keep up the good work.
skip bin hire darra
skip bins darra